Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Why so many windows?

So, I did take a day off to satisfy project mode. And fine progress was made as you will see.

Before todays painting. Yeah, I took the day off to paint. And after painting.











I finally finished the bulk of the window trim. That is why I posed the question, why so many windows? If I had thought about all the trim to paint, I'm certain there would have been far fewer windows, maybe.

Also you can see that the back deck is pretty much done. Still have steps to build. Finished the front steps though. See.
Oh, and notice the window left open by the fine insulation crew. Not how they found it. Gee, the heat is on tonight and why not leave a window open.

Anyway, I did make some good progress last night and today while the weather was just about perfect. The furnace seems to be working o.k., what do I know. I hooked it up in the box and flipped the breakers on, and low and behold it came on. Actually blows warm air.

Now if the temps will hold outside, so I can get the redwood decks clean and sealed, paint touched up and the edges of the window trim finished, oh yeah I still have the soffits on the back porch to paint.... I still like the porches and redwood decking. Something about wood that is hard to beat when building.

And once again a photo of the sunset last night.







No comments: