Sunday, October 19, 2008

The house. I need to take the rest of the fall off so I can get over this project mode I'm in. But it is probably for the best if I just pace myself. Did a little painting on soffit and trim up high. Not real motivated for the painting like I should be, especially after I got started on the back deck and front steps this morning. I was waiting for the temps to warm up so I could paint. Nice weather, hope it holds at least for the weekends. I did get all of the sheet rock scraps and trash loaded onto the trailer, but to late to get to the local landfill. That'll have to wait until next weekend.
Supposed to get the furnace in next week. Thought it might show up yesterday, but no. Tape man has a little bit more to do, otherwise the sheet rock is up and almost completely taped. Looks good. Marianne went out and bought bushes, trees and such today. Good time to do it. Usually stuff is 50% off or more this time of year.
So next week is finish the back deck, steps off of the back deck, plant bushes, trees, start the texturing process inside, paint, paint, paint, make footers for the front steps, which involves building forms, mixing concrete and shoveling it in. The concrete footers may not happen until next summer. Oh yeah, a trip to the dump to get rid of all the sheet rock scraps. That will have to happen first thing Saturday a.m. No pictures this week, I forgot the camera. It does look more like a house inside with the sheetrock up. So we'll see if I can remember it next week.

No comments: