Thursday, February 3, 2011

Random Winter Fun

Last weekend first. 
I had the pleasure of guiding the wife and a couple of her friends on a hike along the Snake River Saturday. Well maybe guided is a bit much, as anyone can walk upriver and stumble upon virtually everything we have seen.
This is not far from where I grew up and not too long of a drive from the current residence. Celebration Park is more or less our starting point.  Wonder where they came up with that name?  The Railroad ran down this direction about a hundred years ago and the old bridge crossing the Snake is still there. Guffey bridge is the name I believe.  Although it is now a foot bridge.  Of course we refered to it as the railroad bridge. 
Onward, our objective was to find the intact stone house that I have seen numerous times while floating this strectch of river. 
Someone has told me that there are close to 40 stone foundations scattered along this stretch of the river.  We did see several without much effort.


Echo on patrol, waiting paitiently for me to come down the hill to the rest of the group.


The good old Snake River.

The crew, more dogs than people of course, all in front of the house.  Had to be a tad cool even with a door and windows, don't you think?  I suppose the rock will hold heat for a while after the fire went out.  Not sure I want to try it , but then if the rent is free and you don't need much it would work. 




And now we go back to what I truly like about winter, SNOW and skiing.

But first there are the views that keep me coming back for 16 hour days of recreating. 


Click on any of the photos to make them larger for your viewing pleasure.   :)
My friend Steve having a look at the scenery as well as where we'd like to ski next.

Ski tracks  :)

Yes you will have to click on the photo below to see the man on skis.  Eric S. doing the honors.


I've not had the camera with me much this winter so not a lot of shots.  Working on that.  Later I'll try to add some video.  But for now that's all.
Steve

No comments: