Sunday, January 17, 2010

Ski Day

Nothing about the house, just fun in and on the snow. Funny how good the heat feels coming off of the snomo's motor onto my feet when making the 20 plus mile ride back to the pickup at 5:30 p.m.


Either Eric is flashing me the peace sign or someone asked him how old he is. :)


Now where in the world is Alan. Oh, here he comes.



Funny all the random thoughts that can crawl through my mind as I'm climbing up the side of the mountain on my skis. Funny how I can't remember all those amusing thoughts I thought of while taking one more step up to the top. I seem to ski with people that always and I mean always, have to go to the highest point possible. I've had this thought of what fun it would be to have a keg of beer set on top of one of these peaks ahead of time. I need to hook up with a heli pilot. I like the thought of just casually walking over to it and saying "hey you guys want a beer?" Maybe I should settle for a case of cans. But they may not believe I just found them sitting there, or yeah maybe so, my pack isn't that big. Although it might explain why I climb so slow.

Gee and to think we were over there on top of that peak directly behind the dead tree just right of center. And the sleds are behind that peak. Gonna be a late day.


What ya have in there? Turned out to be picture time. What, no food?

Look a path through the woods, how nice. At this point I was hoping that just around the corner would be a cabin and hot tub ready to use. Must have been hallucinating. Probably due to all the climbing.





Because instead of the cabin we got this, another climb.

We seemed to do a lot of this, climb.


You'd think that I'd have bunches of ski shots, but nope. I was so busy enjoying the turns that there wasn't time to stand around taking photos. I think I've mentioned that photo taking is my excuse for stopping on the climb. Besides I dredged this one up from a trip into the same area a couple of years back. It was like this. Maybe even deeper this go round.


You know what one of the greatest inventions that mankind has come up with? Pain killers, Ibuprofen, tri buffered asprin. You get the idea. The couch and I are getting reacquainted today while I watch football. Thanks John for not being able to go sledding today, I may just live.

No comments: