Monday, December 21, 2009

Sun Valley

First things first. Preparing for the upcoming adventure. If you look close you'll be able to figure out why my skis slide faster than most. It is the one secret ingredient that makes all the difference. But then again with the mess of a bench that I have who can really tell what all is in the vicinity of my reach. One thing for certain is you need a small amount of red wine to fully get in the zone for total ski tuning. Thought about trying the soybean wax I found somewhere last season, but I don't remember if I used it or not. One thing I did remember is if you drop enough wax on the concrete floor it gets very slick. Looks good too.

The great adventure for this past weekend was a trip to you guessed it... Sun Valley. First stop on Friday was made in another part of Boise to pick up a couple of friends. Who happened to have a couple of visitors hanging out in their back yard.



Next stop Fairfield so Steve (me) could plow out the driveway, with Eric's help. Eric wields a mean shovel. Best guess is we have over a foot of snow on the ground. Come on winter I'd like another foot this week.



The main agenda for the weekend was skiing Baldy and hanging out at the sun valley lodge pool, eating in Ketchum and just generally having a good time.


Who is that skier? beats me , just someone in the shot. Which raises the question. Can you tell it's a movie star when they are all dressed up in ski clothing? I doubt I'd recognize one even if he or she sat next to me on the chair lift. I have it on good authority that most of them are shorter than one might think. Even shorter than me. They really aren't ten feet tall, that's only in the movies.


The snow is a tad thin around Ketchum, but enough on the hill to ski and besides that the views are usually worthwile. Even without tons of snow, one saving factor is the 3200 feet of vertical that really can put the burn on early season legs. Pre season conditioning has been virtually null and void, so it's ski those legs into shape, again.



So now after we fried our legs all day, it's time to slow boil them in the hot pool at the lodge. The sun or something must of been really bright where Steve is.


It's a paper coffee cup, but I don't think it's coffee.

Another random stray mountainous view.


Hanging with the bear out front of river run lodge. Eric loaned him the hat and goggles for that festive look.



Eric and Patty. Nice of them to come along so we had someone else to torture for the weekend.
She might be a movie star, about the right height, but if we told you we'd have to do bad things to you so you'd forget. :)

great way to start holiday festivities!

No comments: