Sunday, September 13, 2009

Small changes

Hmmm, not much motivation for working today, so I didn't do a whole lot. Hung the shower curtain and liner in the master bath. Found this at Big Lots and thought that with the blue walls, penguins, snow and ice are fitting. You know blue and white seem to be the color scheme in this room anyway.



Before I could hang art I did have to touch up the paint on the ceilings, so that I did, as well as finish the edges of the ceiling in the stairway. Tried Mariannes new little edger tool and all it did was agravate me because it kept putting paint streaks on the wall. I can run a bead with a brush better than that miserable little tool. And if that fails there is always tape.

So now that we have the Boise river print up and one of my favorite Charlie Russel prints up it feels even more comfortable. I think there is one more Russel print we need to put up in the future. Question is which one? Feel free to make suggestions. :) Next thing I want to hang is the pair of old wood skis. They'll go on one of the walls in the stairway. I have this idea of hanging various photos of past adventures under, near and around them. Ski shots of course, but also some other shots of places that we've been and had fun adventures in. Mountain adventures of course. What would really be cool is if I can come up with a photo of my grandfather on skis when he lived in Silver City in the early 1900's. May have to make that one with photo shop. Could be hard to do if I can't find one when he isn't horseback.

I did work on the outside touch up that needs to be finished, but that can wait until next week or the next week. Very hot outside in the afternoon, felt like high 80's on the south side of the house. I'm not fond of heat so maybe that was the reason for my lack of motivation to stand out in the sun and paint or trying to fight off the crud that Marianne has.
So the big project for next week is getting John's 8 x 14 storage shed hauled up from Boise and set in place, sided, roofed and painted. That may take a couple of weekends or three to finish.
We've changed our minds about where to set the storage shed at least 5 times. So wherever it lands next week is where it'll be for quite awhile. Stay tuned.
sp



No comments: