Thursday, July 9, 2009

Approval

Well happy days are here again and maybe a little pressure off as well. Tuesday we received our final plumbing inspection and passed no problem. So that set us up for our grand final today, which we also passed. So now we have no more inspections. I had hoped to have this done by the 1st of July. 8 days later than I had hoped is good enough considering my rookie status as a do as much of the work myself home builder. Hard to believe that we paid and picked up the building permit just under one year ago. July 17 2008 is the date that the permit was issued.

We still have a lot of work to do, but at least the worst of it is over. I think.? What to do next? Well I'm hoping to pick some linoleum that I can stand the look of and not pay tons for it. But everything I like price range is boderline butt ugly. The stuff I like is 3 and 4 bucks a sq. foot. Maybe I'll just close my eyes and pick one that is 88 cents per sq. foot. If I can, I'll get the back porch flooring down and maybe the laundry room done as well. I finished up laying the subfloors on Monday afternoon, so the linoleum should fly on. But then again maybe I'll just go fishing one day and on a nice long mtn. bike ride the other. :) We'll just have to wait and see. I haven't been on the bike much and only had the cam out on it a couple of times. Might be fun to record some vid in a different setting. Thought I'd include some footage recorded last spring from one of my rides that started from the house here in Boise. Nice thing about living here is the close poximity of the foothill trails to ride and hike. Well maybe not. I'll try to add some video later.

No comments: